Editing SignText documents

Jonathan duncanjonathan at YAHOO.CA
Wed Jan 31 23:01:21 UTC 2007

Valerie Sutton wrote:
> SignWriting List
> January 30, 2007
>
> On Jan 30, 2007, at 4:04 AM, Steve Slevinski wrote:
>> SignText email is good because it is visual and simple.  You're
>> having problems editing the SignText document, right?  What email
>> program are you using?  Have you tried ThunderBird?
>

> Hello Everyone!
> Let me share with you, how I personally edit documents using SignText
> Mail...
>
> 1. Cherie writes the document Baa Baa Black Sheep in SignText
> 2. Cherie sends the document to us with SignText Email
> 3. I read the document in my email program
> 4. I click on the "Load Into SignText" line at the bottom of the email
> message
Val, thanks for the great tips!!  I had tried clicking on a broken-up
link once a the end of a message but it didnĀ“t load right so I had to
piece it all back together again in notepad.  So I never even tried
clicking on the "Load message into SignText".  I see you have already
thought of almost everything.  Keep up the good work with software
production.  :-)

> 5. Firefox automatically opens Cherie's document in SignText on my
> computer
> 6. The sentence partially loads into SignText...I cannot see the full
> sentence because it didn't load every sign completely.
> 7. I press the Options Button immediately and I bookmark (save)
> Cherie's document so I have a copy of the original no matter what
> 8. I then open the sentence in the SignText Editor again, make some
> changes, then bookmark my second sentence with the changes
> 9. I send my second version as a SignText email to Cherie to show her
> some of my ideas

I guess I could do this too each time I connect to the Internet too.

> and so on...
>
> Just thought I would share my way of editing with SignText 1.0!
>
> it works well for me...I have enjoyed editing the Bible passages that
> way too...

Thanks again for all of the good tips.
I hope I can post some Bible scriptures soon to get some help with the
writing.  I have 2 on paper but haven't typed them up on SignText yet.
I feel I need some help with some of the signs.

Jonathan