Cat in the Hat 1

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Thu Jul 5 15:28:06 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
July 5, 2007

Hello Cherie!
Your document is excellent..so exciting to read it!

And even if my ASL understanding is limited when it comes to details,
I understood it fully while watching the video without sound. I think
this is going to be a fun publication for future classrooms of Deaf
students, and may spark much interest from signers who do not know
SignWriting.

Since our other four editors are so busy right now, I think I will
leave any ASL issues to them when they do their own editing...

Right now, I am solely reading your documents for SignWriting symbols
themselves...and so far I have only found a couple of Rotation
Symbols...

I know...those symbols I promised to teach you long ago!.... and you
have struggled with for so long...maybe now we can tackle that...

And when it comes to the sign for QUOTE in the beginning that i
suggested...maybe I was wrong there. Afterall, it was not in your
video, and just because Darline signed it that way does not mean you
did or would want to...So feel free to do what you want with that
issue...and also the fingerspelling going left to right or vertically
down...that is also your choice...

So I am taking a new tactic on the editing...I am only looking for
signs where the SignWriting symbols might need editing...but I will
not read the document for meaning...I am going to leave that to the
other editors...

So next message, I am going to highlight some of the Rotation Symbol
issues...