wrist flex versus rotation

K.J. Boal kjoanne403 at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Jul 7 17:29:25 UTC 2007

I see what you mean, Adam; it's physically impossible to hold your arms and hands in that position and actuallyflex your wrist; but I like the wrist-flex symbol for the movement because the palm facing isn't changing.KJ> From: signwriting at MAC.COM> Subject: Re: [sw-l] wrist flex versus rotation> Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 14:42:43 -0700> To: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu> > On Jul 6, 2007, at 2:29 PM, Adam Frost wrote:> > I see what you mean. I was just wondering because I can bend my  > > wrist so my hand goes from side to side and forward to back, but  > > when I have my wrist bent forward like the Cherie's sign for wow, I  > > can't bend my wrist side to side. My forearm rotates. I even tried  > > holding my forearm so that it won't and I can't get the up down  > > movement in the hand.> >> > Adam> > I see. If that is the case, then we are seeing different signs. See  > the attached. What do you see in these photos? This is a screen  > capture of the two positions of the sign. In this picture, I see the  > white palm facing Cherie's chest both in the beginning and ending  > position. Am I wrong? Does her palm finish facing the floor? To me it  > looks like her fingers are pointing down to the floor at the end, but  > that is still a white palm towards her body...Do you see this as the  > palms facing the floor? If so, then it is the movement like the sign  > for BAD, instead of ARGUE ;-))> > > > >