Head tilt

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Sun Jul 8 01:40:21 UTC 2007

On Jul 7, 2007, at 6:13 PM, Adam Frost wrote:
> I was looking through the SignoEscritura Textbook and it said that
> the last one in the picture was a head tilt. Is there a difference
> between the one you told me earlier and this one? (The picture of
> the head tilt is what I was trying to get.)
> Adam

Here is the way we write tilts of the head, in Full-Body Writing,
when we have a Shoulder Line:

Head Tilts
http://www.movementwriting.org/lessons/fullbody/fullbody07.html

This requires a Shoulder Line. It is a slash going through the
shoulders representing the direction of the Nose...we called it Face
Direction LIne...and the Tilt you want is the one on the right at the
top in this diagram....These same symbols can be placed on top of a
Head Circle to represent the same thing, when we do not have a
Shoulder Line...that is what the Parkhurst's were illustrating...but
the symbols I told you about are also used to write the same
thing...continued next message...