ASL signs for DANCE and WOW both use Wrist Movement

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Sun Jul 8 07:32:10 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
July 8, 2007

Charles is correct that the sign for DANCE and AEROBICS should be
written as Wrist Movement Symbols, because that is exactly what they
are! Rotation Symbols are defined as having the wrist locked, so the
sign for DANCE should not be written with Rotation Symbols. Thanks
for catching that misspelling, Charles, and I am sure there are
others...we will slowly find them. So the signs for DANCE and
AEROBICS should be written as Wrist Movement Symbols, or with just
normal Movement Arrows for the arms:

Here are two ways to write the sign for DANCE...the first is Wrist
Movement, and the second is Arm Movement: