question on SSS

Jonathan duncanjonathan at YAHOO.CA
Wed Jul 11 14:00:16 UTC 2007

Valerie Sutton wrote:
> SignWriting List
> April 2, 2007
>
> There are still small issues I am resolving and I am now writing a new
> book called "SignSpelling Guidelines 2007" which will explain what I
> learned through this recent experience...
>
> But no matter what, the reason we can discuss this so fully now, is
> because of the faster entry of the SignSpellings...so thanks once
> again for this feature in the new SignPuddle 1.5!
>
> If you want to wait for me to post the new SignSpelling Guidelines
> 2007 book, that might be less overwhelming for you, but I can
> generally tell you that we have learned that the following sequence
> seems to feel right:
>
> 1. dominant hand
> 2. non-dominant hand
> 3. movement dominant hand
> 4. movement non-dominant hand
> 5. movement dynamics
> 6. movement timing
> 7. head movement
> 8. facial expressions (only if they are required for the meaning of
> the sign)
> 9. head location
> 10. body location
>
> There are many details involved with this than just the list above, so
> that is why a new book is needed to explain and show examples why...
>
> That is coming!

Hi Val,
    I want to let you know that I have read over
sw0145-SignSpelling-2004.pdf  and that I am still interested in reading
"SignSpelling Guidelines 2007" once it is ready.  I know you have been
very busy with many other good projects that will benefit the
SignWriting community world wide and you continued support is very
appreciated.  Do you have an idea when you expect "SignSpelling
Guidelines 2007" to be ready?

Jonathan

P.S. I don't mind reading manuals at all as I enjoy learning even from
books.  What I sometimes find frustrating is reading manuals and not
coming across the information I need.   That is why I want to let you
know that the links you regularly post on the list regarding various
subjects have been very helpful.  Especially the recent ones regarding
rotations and wrist rotations which have help clear up various aspects
that I totally ignored before.  Once again many thanks.