Cat in the Hat 9

K.J. Boal kjoanne403 at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Jul 14 20:51:31 UTC 2007

Sorry it took me so long to respond - I got busy! ;-)Yes, they are pointing toward the floor with the flat-O handshape, because you balance the tray on your fingertips instead of on the sides of your hands.  When I hold my lapdesk with flat-O handshapes, my knuckles definitely point toward the floor because my thumb is in front of my palm; but when I hold it with A handshapes, my knuckles point more or less toward the wall because my thumb is beside my palm.  In both cases, the thumb is facing the ceiling, but the position of the hand and orientation of the wrist changes depending on the handshape.  So in this case, I think we're both right! ::grin::  Sorry, I never did get that picture taken of me holding the lap desk (with either handshape).KJTo: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.eduSubject: RE: [sw-l] Cat in the Hat 9From: CWren at doe.k12.ga.usDate: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 08:49:12 -0400
I was trying to show the position I
was aiming for with the flat-O handshape instead of the A, but for some
reason the picture wouldn't paste in correctly.  Hold your lap desk
again with flat-Os....the knuckles are pointing toward the floor.  I'm
probably making things more complicated than they need to be...  (I
won't say 'again'...)

---------------------------------
Cherie Wren
GSD Staff Interpreter
232 Perry Farm Rd
Cave Spring, GA 30124
706-777-2328
706-766-0766 Cell

This message and any included attachments are from the Georgia School for
the Deaf and are intended only for the addressee(s). The information contained
herein may include privileged or otherwise confidential information. If
you have received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately,
and delete it from your system.

"K.J. Boal" <kjoanne403 at HOTMAIL.COM>

Sent by: owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
07/09/2007 05:27 PM

Please respond to
sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

cc

Subject
RE: [sw-l] Cat in the Hat 9

Cherie, what attachment did you try to send
me?  No matter how I tried to open it, I always came up with a blank
screen.  It was supposedly a GIF file, but something about my computer;
I just couldn't view it.  If it was important, could you please try
sending it again in a different format?  Thanks.  (I'm not responding
yet to what you said below in case that attachment was supposed to be a
copy of the page/pictures in question.)
KJ