ASL dictionnary <-> french translation ?

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Tue Jun 12 20:48:10 UTC 2007

On Jun 12, 2007, at 1:36 PM, Anne-Claude Prélaz Girod wrote:
> I know about the "*" search option.... and i't no problem for me to
> look up words written in english.... but then how could I translate
> this page into french (for deaf friends who don't know english...
> BUT would like to access to ASL)

Annie -
I believe it is the sign itself that you want to have translated from
English to French, right?

Because the page itself...in every other way...can be in French with
all the French icons, just as long as you enter from the French pages...

Do you know what I mean? If your friend enters the ASL Dictionary
from the ASL button on the directory page, that starts the ASL
dictionary with English icons. So don't enter that way...

BUT, instead, if you enter through the French-Swiss dictionary, that
gives you the French icons - the French User Interface...

Then while in the French-Swiss dictionary, scroll down to the bottom
of the page and click on the icon for the American dictionary...and
now the American dictionary will open still using the French icons -
still in the French user interface...

So your friend can visit any other dictionary, still using the French
User Interface if you enter the first time, into a French Puddle ...