Sleeping Beauty, Skype and PocketPuddles ;-)

K.J. Boal kjoanne403 at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Jun 25 03:33:28 UTC 2007

Hi Val,I haven't been doing much online lately, sorry I haven't kept you updated!  Yes, I did recently install Skype (can we set a time to chat so I can see how it works sometime, Val?) and yes, I do own a PocketPuddle.  Thanks for the fix info, Adam!I've been in North Dakota for two weeks now, taking the Literacy Megacourse offered through SIL.  I've been having some computer problems (losing access privileges to my saved documents), so between my schoolwork and trying to figure out how to fix that, I've been pretty busy!  Speaking of which, it's 10:30 here and I still have one more reading assignment to do... just taking a short break! Looking forward to your comments when you get time, Val... I did go in and fix up one of the earlier pages, but I haven't done all the modifications Adam's suggested yet... is there going to be a separate editing committee like the DAC, or is the List basically going to be the editing committee?Looking forward to hearing from you soon... I wasn't sure for a while there whether the List was being blocked by the University's firewall, but I guess people've just been busy.  At least, I haven't been getting many messages lately...Bye for now,KJ> From: signwriting at MAC.COM> Subject: [sw-l] Sleeping Beauty, Skype and PocketPuddles ;-)> Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 19:41:07 -0700> To: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu> > Hi Kelly Jo and Adam!> I just want to thank you both for your hard work and I am sorry for  > my silence on your writing...I look forward to really focusing on the  > whole document later this summer...wonderful to see you writing so much!> > And by the way...I understand that Adam has learned a lot about the  > PocketPuddle recently, related to Skype? ;-)> > I believe that Kelly Jo has recently installed Skype, and owns a  > PocketPuddle?...I was wondering, if you could tell us what happened,  > Adam...I believe that Skype and the PocketPuddle were competing for  > the same port?> > I actually could use the instruction myself, as to what to do, if one  > is using both Skype and a Pocket Puddle...> > Many thanks Adam, in advance, for this instruction ;-)> > Val ;-)>