South Korean handshape

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Sat Jun 30 04:24:33 UTC 2007

On Jun 29, 2007, at 8:11 PM, Charles Butler wrote:
> Number 6.  It has the right feel to me.  All the curved hands don't
> give the "feel" of the straight fingers, and the square hands don't
> picture the fingers actually coming together.  The bull's eye is
> accurate, but very confusing.
>
> Here is my rendering, based on the "M" handshape with four fingers,
> and adding a thumb.
>
> Charles

Hello Charles!
It is great to get someone's feedback. Thank you. And thank you for
your suggestion for a new symbol. It looks good...

I didn't realize these were straight fingers. They look relaxed to me
in the photo. I thought this was a spread-oval, rather than a spread-
angle...

If you really like Number 6 below, then we already have that in the
current IMWA... Jason, if you want to use Number 6 below, I can show
you where it is located...It is in Group 5....but you could not hold
a golf ball with number 6 below because there is too much space
between the thumb and fingers...

I just took a look at Jason's word description from his original
message, and he said they were holding a golf ball. That is why I
thought it was a curve...

So I was trying to hold a golf ball...that is how number 1, 3 or 4
were developed...they are a side view of spread ovals..all fingers
are equally curved