South Korean handshape

Jason Hopkins codenosher at YAHOO.COM
Sat Jun 30 15:21:02 UTC 2007

I like these the best.  I need to show them all to my Korean friend today and see which of all the symbols he thinks feel most natural.  Also to my Swedish friend to see which works for her.

Thanks for all the help.

-Jason

----- Original Message ----
From: Charles Butler <chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM>
To: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
Sent: Saturday, June 30, 2007 10:01:54 AM
Subject: Re: [sw-l] South Korean handshape

Try this one, comparing to some of the other handshapes that use fingers pointed at the reader, it's hard to show accurately.  The more I look at it, the more I think that the symbol 01-05-008 Five Fingers Hinge is already in the system.

light from sunrise (written by Kim)

gone (Kim from Boston)

If one moves the hand either up or down, it forms that rose shape that we seem to be talking about.

Charles

Valerie Sutton <signwriting at MAC.COM> wrote: On Jun 29, 2007, at 8:11 PM, Charles Butler wrote:
> Number 6.  It has the right feel to me.  All the curved hands don't
> give the "feel" of the straight fingers, and the square hands don't
> picture the fingers actually coming together.  The bull's eye is
> accurate, but very confusing.
>
> Here is my rendering, based on the "M" handshape with four fingers,
> and adding a thumb.
>
> Charles

Hello Charles!
It is great to get someone's feedback. Thank you. And  thank you for
your suggestion for a new symbol. It looks good...

I didn't realize these were straight fingers. They look relaxed to me
in the photo. I thought this was a spread-oval, rather than a spread-
angle...

If you really like Number 6 below, then we already have that in the
current IMWA... Jason, if you want to use Number 6 below, I can show
you where it is located...It is in Group 5....but you could not hold
a golf ball with number 6 below because there is too much space
between the thumb and fingers...

I just took a look at Jason's word description from his original
message, and he said they were holding a golf ball. That is why I
thought it was a curve...

So I was trying to hold a golf ball...that is how number 1, 3 or 4
were developed...they are a side view of spread ovals..all fingers
are equally curved