BSL for "Easter"?

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Mon Mar 5 15:10:26 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
March 5, 2007

On Mar 5, 2007, at 1:01 AM, Anne-Claude Prélaz Girod wrote:
> we've got almost the same sign for BIBLE
>  here in Switzerland
> I would just like you to tell me which movment  (from the cross) is
> the first ?? is it the top arrow (the one we see on top ) or the
> one below?? In my sign  I need first digonal towards me and
> afterwards diagonal to the right
> thanks for letting me know if my sign is correct!

Hello Anny!
Looking at your attached diagram, the first movement moves toward the
front right corner (away from you), and the second movement (the last
movement) moves towards the back right corner (back towards
you)...you can tell this by the way the symbol looks. The movement
that is done second is the one that is on top...the one that has the
stem line a complete line (one that is not broken). The broken line
arrow (the one underneath) is done first.

So judging by your words above, you need to rotate that arrow
combination, so you get the direction you want first and
second....The combination-arrow is one symbol in the IMWA, and it
rotates and flops etc...