AW: [sw-l] Sign Names in SignWriting ;-)

Tue May 1 22:05:29 UTC 2007

I am sorry I attached a graphic with an unknown format – here another try

  _____

Von: owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
[mailto:owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu] Im Auftrag von Stefan Wöhrmann
Gesendet: Dienstag, 1. Mai 2007 23:47
An: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
Betreff: AW: [sw-l] Sign Names in SignWriting ;-)

Hi Adam, Charles, Valerie, Tini ...

Adam wrote : “Having seen Kelly Jo sign her name to me, I would write the
fingerspelling KJ on the arm with a brush on top of the J to say that the J
brushes the arm.”

Well that is the difference – big smile – you have seen the performance –
and now you can explain the idea ...

I played around with several variations – what I understand is that there is
a decision between two different rotations – parallel to the wall – or
parallel to the floor. Both options are possible –

When I hesitated to read the sign fluently  I could not imagine that you
want the pinky down and the forearm on top – just as Valerie explained in
her graphic.

And the rason that I comment on this spelling is just to learn – just as
Anny said – I am happy to learn. I want to undestand. And reading unknown
movement description is the best way to do that.

L.I.F.E

In the end it is up to you Kelly to express your feeling about the
spelling-discussion and your opinion ... smile!

Stefan ;-)

  _____