SVG version of our IMWA symbols

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Tue May 15 20:18:42 UTC 2007

Sandy Fleming wrote:
> Can you give us an example of a face that has too many "features"
> to get
> them inside the facial circle at one time? I can't really think of any
> that would actually represent a real face. I mean, if I puff my cheek
> out while signing, say, then my mouth gives no meaningful
> expression (eg
> I can't smile "meaningfully" at the same time), so I can't think of an
> example where the face would really get too busy.

Yes...

Here is an example of two Swiss-German signs from the storytelling of
Noah. I wanted to place all three facial expressions on top of each
other, making one facial circle per sign with all that information,
but at the moment the symbols collide with each other inside the
facial circle...so they had to be separated out...

And all this is meaningful...I can make some adjusting in my re-
vamping of the ISWA to solve some of these issues...