Basic calendar and clock in SignWriting

Cherie Wren cwterp at YAHOO.COM
Tue May 22 22:14:35 UTC 2007

I ahve seen 20-0-7, and 2-00-7 (the second one that Val sent with the 00 lower than the 2 and the 7, I wrote it) around here by our Deaf folks.  I was taught that for years it would be 19-97 or 20-10.  2111 will be twenty one- eleven.  The 200x years are non standard, but they only happen once a century...  ::smile::

cherie

----- Original Message ----
From: Stuart Thiessen <sw at passitonservices.org>
To: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2007 2:13:20 PM
Subject: Re: [sw-l] Basic calendar and clock in SignWriting

Hmm. I will have to double check on things. I have been signing 2-0-0-
x since the year 2000. Of course, once we hit 2010, I am sure I will
switch to "twenty" "ten". I never saw anyone do "twenty" "00" or
"twenty" "02". So I will have to investigate that. I wonder if there
is truly a rule yet, or if that is a dialectical difference. I will
check around here to confirm what we do here.

Thanks,

Stuart

      ____________________________________________________________________________________Shape Yahoo! in your own image.  Join our Network Research Panel today!   http://surveylink.yahoo.com/gmrs/yahoo_panel_invite.asp?a=7