Basic calendar and clock in SignWriting

Cherie Wren cwterp at YAHOO.COM
Tue May 22 23:11:54 UTC 2007

I'm not sure I would say its wrong-- but as an interpreter, I give back whatever I see-- there is no 'wrong' (from a deaf person!). I have seen deaf folks sign 2 thousand 7, but they were English signers, not ASL.

cherie

----- Original Message ----
From: Valerie Sutton <signwriting at MAC.COM>
To: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2007 6:28:38 PM
Subject: Re: [sw-l] Basic calendar and clock in SignWriting

On May 22, 2007, at 3:14 PM, Cherie Wren wrote:
> I ahve seen 20-0-7, and 2-00-7 (the second one that Val sent with
> the 00 lower than the 2 and the 7, I wrote it) around here by our
> Deaf folks.  I was taught that for years it would be 19-97 or
> 20-10.  2111 will be twenty one- eleven.  The 200x years are non
> standard, but they only happen once a century...  ::smile::
> cherie

So the first one that I wrote in this attached file...is it wrong? I
thought that came from our old DAC work years ago...

In other words, if we were to publish a new ASL Dictionary written in
SignWriting, how would you write the numbers in the thousands?, like:

2001
2002
1989
3007

Because I want to do that...publish and print a new dictionary in
SignWriting one of these days, and I find the numbers fascinating
because there are so many various ways to sign them...

____________________________________________________________________________________Looking for a deal? Find great prices on flights and hotels with Yahoo! FareChase.
http://farechase.yahoo.com/