how to copy a sign from SignPuddle 1.5 into hard disc

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Tue May 29 16:07:41 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
May 29, 2007

On May 29, 2007, at 8:29 AM, Lucy wrote:
> Thank you, Val. Your method is good for pasting the signs into MS
> Word. But I would like also to save the SignPuddle signs on my hard
> disk so that I can use them when offline. Any idea for this?

Hello Lucy!
Are you talking about exporting all the PNGs (signs) only as graphics
files? Or are you talking about using SignPuddle itself (the whole
program) off line?

Two different things...;-)

1. I just went into the old SignPuddle 1.0, and exported the signs
from the old database into a folder of pngs. I will send you that
folder, attached to a private email message.

2. In the new database, SignPuddle 1.5
The EXPORT COMMAND right now, only exports the signs into SignBank.
SignBank is a free program online, if you can download a large file.
I can create a Polish SignBank for you. Then I could give you  a link
for downloading SignBank. SignBank can be used offline, on your hard
drive. It is another program and there may be a little bit for you to
learn, but from SignBank you can also copy and paste signs into other
programs...

3. Using SignPuddle 1.5 Offline
You could purchase a PocketPuddle in about a month or so...We are
still perfecting it. But it is a way to use SignPuddle offline, on
your own personal PC. Here is information:

PocketPuddle
http://www.suttonshop.com/ecommerce/pages/products_sw_detail.jsp?id=49.0