Wiki article on SignWriting

Jonathan duncanjonathan at YAHOO.CA
Tue May 29 20:53:12 UTC 2007

Hi Ingvild and Cherie,
    The tracings will be very useful for introducing SignWriting. Many
of my friends think that signs should be written.  I am encouraging them
to use SignWriting.  But many feel that it is complicated.
Unfortunately I can't spend enough time with them to teach them even the
basics.  They use drawings as memory aids of how the sign is signed.
It's doesn't always have a direct link to the movement or hand shape.
These tracings will help the SignWriting cause.
    Another thing I would like to see is a manual for SignWriting
shorthand.  I think that if they feel they can write easily and identify
with the handshape or movement better they might take on to SignWriting
better.  It all being computerized they feel that they must do
everything picture perfect. I realize that the shorthand manual is out
of date but would it be possible for a copy of the previous writing to
be posted on the web?  For reference to get the idea of how it works and
how it differs from regular SignWriting?  Val?

Jonathan

--

Jonathan & Yolaine Duncan