Birthday Party Page 4

Fri Nov 2 15:00:44 UTC 2007

On Nov 2, 2007, at 7:50 AM, Adam Frost wrote:
> I'm not sure what you are saying, but this sign comes from the
> pantomime eating ice cream inside an ice cream cone. I wrote it the
> way I did because the hand is more parallel to the wal than the
> floor. I checked my writing with other writing I have and they all
> have it the same way. So, I am curious what you were thinking of
> because I can't figure it out.

Yes. The sign for ICE CREAM in ASL has the palm facing parallel to
the wall...if you straighten your hand up to a flat hand, the flat
hand is parallel to the wall and then you bend the fist so that it is
still parallel to the wall....it is a standardized sign that does not
mimic holding a cone...it is just signed that way all over the US...;-))