AW: {Quarantine} [sw-l] Birthday Party Page 4

K.J. Boal kjoanne403 at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Nov 2 19:06:21 UTC 2007

Hi again Stefan!  Yes, I wrote ICE CREAM wrong the first time.  Now I think it's clearer.  Of course, I'm writing the beginning position of the hand, which is mostly wall-plane; but the hand ends up parallel to the floor, which is (I think) why Adam prefers to write it that way.  SignSpelling rules say that if you only write one hand position, it should be the end position . . . I think I've broken that rule with my new spelling.  What can I say?  The sign is not an exact mime of the movement.

The sign for cake goes touch-up-touch-up end.  (Actually, I usually only do it once - touch-up end - but I wrote it twice.  I'm thinking of changing that sign too.)
KJ

From: stefanwoehrmann at gebaerdenschrift.deTo: adam at frostvillage.com; sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.eduSubject: AW: {Quarantine} [sw-l] Birthday Party Page 4Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 09:23:01 +0100CC:

Hi Adam I saw that you changed Kellys spelling of icecream – hm – I would rather hold it upside otherwise you risk to let it fall to the ground - ??

Kelly – rereading your documents I understood first you hold the ice cream same position as Adam – parallel to the floor. Then you changed to a vertical position – which should be in the interesest of an icecream – fan. ;-)

Of course it is somehow a question of everyday writing versus detailed writing – perhaps there can me measured a diagonal level ...and some signs become standards if you read and write them again and again the same way – (smile) -  I guess icecream belongs to one of these...But nevertheless it is interesting to me to understand the difference –

Long ago Valerie explained: Open the fist and look at the flat hand – parallel to the wall or parallel to the floor. Now you know wether you would like to write the fist with a gap or not. Same with the ice-cream hand.

I got interested in your sign of cake – written up – touch up  instead of down touch down touch end. –

Stefan ;-)

Von: sw-l-bounces at majordomo.valenciacc.edu [mailto:sw-l-bounces at majordomo.valenciacc.edu] Im Auftrag von adam at frostvillage.comGesendet: Freitag, 2. November 2007 02:40An: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.eduBetreff: {Quarantine} [sw-l] Birthday Party Page 4

I was thinking more along the line of this. :-) And I just noticed ENJOY doesn't need the circle arrows because you already have that information in the rub symbol. ;-)
Adam

Load message into SignText
Courtesy of SignBank.org
383ac845d56b56727fe8f83d48bce837 = 383ac845d56b56727fe8f83d48bce837
Are you ready for Windows Live Messenger Beta 8.5 ? Get the latest for free today!
http://entertainment.sympatico.msn.ca/WindowsLiveMessenger