Birthday Party Page 4

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Sat Nov 3 00:29:31 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
November 2, 2007

On Nov 2, 2007, at 4:52 PM, K.J. Boal wrote:
> Well, we're coming close to the chin . . . like I say, I don't
> actually make
> contact . . .

Hi Kelly Jo -
Even if you do not touch, the sign still is relating to touching the
chin area, and some people do touch, so Writing the Position of
Contact Rule still applies. You are right that a lot of signs that
originally were meant to touch, are not really contacted in real
signing, but that is still the general intention...

That is why I wrote it with a Brush Symbol because I have seen some
people brush, but even if the Brush symbol were removed the first
position would still be written...

Writing the second position is only related to signs with Finger
Movements...

For example, here it is with and without a Brush Symbol...the second
one certainly is a simpler writing - I like that - so thanks for the
good idea to make it simple.... ;-))

Nancy Romero writes very simply too...she takes off all single
contact symbols if at all possible, and only used contact symbols for
double or multiple movements where it is really necessary...so the
second writing attached would appeal to Nancy's style of writing as
well...the sign can still be read with or without the brush symbol...