Kasterlinden Signpuddle

Kasterlinden Bilinguaal katjesaar at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Nov 20 17:43:17 UTC 2007

Hello everyone,

thank you Steve for fixing the problem :)

I have worked with signpuddle on firefox. It works very well.

I do have one observation.
Before, when I worked with Signpuddle, I could choose the number of signs I wanted in one vertical column. Now I think I can get about 5 or 7 in one space. It only becomes a problem when I want to copy this in a document to print. If I want to add a sign at the bottom it's not possible. The former signpuddle could work with each sign individually. (I hope everyone understands what I mean)

Val already told me that WORD is not the best way to make documents with SignWriting sentences.
I put in an example of what I make for the kids. You can see how I make an exercise.
I do this by translating in signpuddle via the 'translate' section.
I do remeber Val sending me information about signtext and firefox.

With this exercise as an example, can anyone help me how to make this more effecient?

thank you,

with kind regards,

Kathleen

Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 23:35:36 +0100From: gerard.meijssen at gmail.comTo: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.eduSubject: Re: [sw-l] SignPuddle now works with Internet ExplorerHoi,Personally I want every browser to work properly with any website. The problems is that almost all browsers do not support the standards that underpin the Internet properly. The aim of Wikis is to provide people with information in their language and it is for this reason important to be able to reach out to everyone. So I am really happy that MediaWiki is tested on almost all browsers continuously. What I have found in the Wiki world is that the editors often prefer to use Firefox over Internet Explorer. That is to be expected. What you also find is that the number of people using Firefox as a user is much higher then what you would expect given the "official" numbers of people using whatever browser. I am really happy that SignPuddle supports Internet Explorer !!Thanks,    Gerard