Hello SW List Members!

Tue Nov 27 18:05:10 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
November 27, 2007

Hello SW List Members!

So many good things to tell you....

Thank you, Steve, for providing me the tools to test the ISWA...I am
enjoying the work so much! I am working on the handshapes this week,
adding the unusual handshapes from several signed languages we have
never written before. The ISWA 2008 (International SignWriting
Alphabet) will be released in 2008, and will serve as a basis for
smaller language-specific symbolsets in the future.

Thank you, Adam, Stuart and Philippe for helping the Catalan Sign
Language project in Barcelona, to add some of their signs into the
Catalan SignPuddle. It looks like we will have all the signs we have
been assigned added by December 8th or so.

Thank you, Cherie, for the Cat in the Hat document and video...Adam
and I will be working on the video editing and the document itself,
and hope to share this with you, and then later post it on the web,
in January 2008.

Thank you, Kelly Jo, for writing Sleeping Beauty and it will be the
next document after Cat in the Hat...probably in February, 2008.

Ingvild tells me that documents are coming in Norwegian Sign
Language. Thank you for this big effort, Ingvild!

I hope others will also tell us about your documents...new Sign
Language literature is needed around the world!

And thank you to the World Language Document Centre (WLDC) for their
interest in SignWriting....a new project related to SignWriting is
beginning there:

World Language Documentation Centre
http://www.thewldc.org/

And...

What about Holiday Cards in SignWriting? Remember this web page?

SignWriting Cards
http://www.SignWriting.org/cards

Want to post some of your holiday cards 2007, to the SW List? We can
then post them on the web in the cards section ;-)

Enjoy the holiday season everyone!

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

List Archives and Help