SignWriting in Sign Language classes

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Tue Oct 2 16:40:54 UTC 2007

SignWriting List
October 2, 2007

On Oct 2, 2007, at 9:30 AM, Adam Frost wrote:
> Here is a little of what I have right now.
>
> www.frostvillage.com/asl/lessons/000001.html
> www.frostvillage.com/asl/lessons/000002.html
> www.frostvillage.com/asl/lessons/000003.html
> www.frostvillage.com/asl/lessons/000004.html

Adam -
This is totally amazing - congrats on this great idea and I hope you
continue to develop it further...

One suggestion...if you can use a Front View of a handshape, rather
than the Top View of the symbols, and both are correct...then choose
the Front View when at all possible...

for example, in the sign for LEARN...in the right hand....you have
one handshape from the Front View...why not the other two?...for
example, the last position could be this handshape from the Front
View (see attached)...

the Top View is harder..so when you can use a Front View, you should,
for beginner's sake. Of course the left hand has to be parallel to
the Floor so that is fine...but I mean the handshape touching the
head...