AW: [sw-l] Animation of SignWriting for learning

Tue Oct 2 19:50:08 UTC 2007

Hello Valerie and list,

you are right that this kind of animation is more but just fun.

Some people understand better what SignWriting is about if they look at this
kind of document. So some time ago when we were lucky to be visited by the
TV-team I created a couple of animated signs and whole sentences.

Attached you find my "opener" for the TV-broadcast -

The animation says: " Hello, dear spectators. A warm welcome to (our journal
for the DEAF) See instead of Hear. Today we are talking about
GebaerdenSchrift."

So you see this is already a long animated message and it took me several
days to create it.  Especially the timing of the very important
SpeechWriting took so much time.

Nevertheless from my point of view there are a lot of advantages of written
SW-documents. But everything should be taken into account to attract the
interested people who are looking for the wonderfull option to write down
what people sign. Or to write down in SL what they think about in SL !!!!
(There are still too many comments in the minds of the people that this
should not be possible - smile. We have to be friendly and patient. Only
those who start to ask about the "Hows" and "whys" will be interested to
learn more, to overcome their prejudice and anxiety and I wonder how many
from our SW-family around the world just happened to stumble into this - it
seems to be a difficult path for newcomers - smile.

Stefan ;-)