old version of SignPuddle

Fri Oct 26 16:56:08 UTC 2007

Hi Bill,

Ron likes the old Translate feature.  With the 1.0 translate, you can
save the gloss and you'll always get the same SignWriting output.  With
the 1.5 translate, you are not guaranteed the same SignWriting because
the new translate is based on choice.

It's the difference between using "you_3" to get the correct sign and
using "you" and selecting the 3rd sign.

If you have a long verse and you want to change a single sign, you can
change "you_3" to "you_4" and you're done.  However, with 1.5, you'll
need to make a selection for every sign that has multiple choices.

Regards,
-Steve