old version of SignPuddle

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Fri Oct 26 17:03:48 UTC 2007

On Oct 26, 2007, at 9:56 AM, Steve Slevinski wrote:
> Ron likes the old Translate feature.  With the 1.0 translate, you
> can save the gloss and you'll always get the same SignWriting
> output.  With the 1.5 translate, you are not guaranteed the same
> SignWriting because the new translate is based on choice.

Actually that is not completely true, because in the private ASL
Bible Puddle 1.5, which we invited Ron and Dana to use with
Nancy...Nancy and I have already setup the correct signs to be used
for the Bible so that the translate feature works without making any
choices...

So if Ron is willing to learn SignPuddle 1.5 and use the specific
private ASL Bible puddle that we are working on, they will get the
correct spellings of the signs needed to do the translation of the
Bible and they will be able to use the memorized glosses...all they
have to do is to learn to scroll down and push the Update button and
click on the private ASL bible icon and the translate feature between
the two versions is almost exactly the same!

So Ron, let me explain this to you on the phone - I have been waiting
for your phone call...

Right now Ron's translations have a lot of spelling errors because
they are using the old 1.0 and not benefitting from the new private
Bible Puddle which Nancy and I have been cleaning ...and they can
start using it anytime...they have the passwords to do it...

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

List Archives and Help