Sign Writing Linguistic Society

Thu Apr 24 14:55:25 UTC 2008

SignWriting List
April 24, 2008

Charles and everyone -
Regarding the financial issues...If you can find out what kind of
costs we are talking about...then perhaps our non-profit organization
can contribute a little bit so that we can help...I cannot promise a
great deal of money...but on the other hand, we certainly can help
out...so if you can find out what the costs will be, let's discuss how
much participants would pay, and how much our organization can
contribute to making the event a success...

Thank you for your efforts!

Val ;-)

-------------

On Apr 24, 2008, at 7:21 AM, Charles Butler wrote:

> Well this is Charles Butler
>
> We have the following people who have expressed interest:
>
> KJ Boal - kjoanne403 at hotmail.com
> Adam - icemandeaf at gmail.com
> Kim from Boston - skifoot at gmail.com
> Ronald Detloff - signpreach at sbcglobal,net
>
> That's 4 people.  Until I hear from 8 people who are willing to trek
> to the Washington, DC area, I am hesitant to start doing anything
> but research on costs.
>
> When I have 8 people who commit themselves, then we can put out
> publicity, find a date, and work toward that end.  The hope is a
> Friday night, all day Saturday, Sunday morning seminar focused on
> Sign Writing and its use in Linguistics, Literature, and Literacy
> (three Ls).  How's that work?
>
> This will require financial commitment, willingness to regularly
> meet on line, pass along messages to the list, and ensure that we
> have the wherewithal and the participation to make it work.
>
> Charles Butler
> Producer, Sign Writing Linguistic Symposium (proposed)
> Hyattsville, MD
> chazzer3332000 at yahoo.com
> 240-764-5748 (voice only)
>

> "K.J. Boal" <kjoanne403 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I'd like to be there too, but I'm in western Canada . . . hopefully
> I'll be able to make it anyway!
> KJ
>
> > To: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
> > Subject: Re: [sw-l] RE: Sign Writing Linguistic Society
> > From: icemandeaf at gmail.com
> > Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 18:22:33 +0000
> >
> > I am on the west coast, but I'd love to be there. Who knows, maybe
> the planets will align perfectly. :-)
> >
> > Adam

Sutton at SignWriting.org

1. SignWriting
Read & Write Sign Languages
http://www.SignWriting.org

2. SignPuddle
Create SignWriting Documents Online
http://www.SignBank.org/signpuddle

3. SignBank
SignWriting Desktop Databases
http://www.SignBank.org

4. SignWriting List
Technical Support: Ask questions to the List

5. SignWriting Literature Project
Writing Literature in Sign Languages
http://www.SignWriting.org/literature

Deaf Action Committee For SignWriting