Two Deaf Church videos captioned in SignWriting

Wed Apr 30 21:02:23 UTC 2008

I think that sounds like a great idea too, Nancy...

Thanks for your input!

And congrats, once again, to the Deaf Church, for creating these
captioned videos...

Val ;-)

---------

On Apr 30, 2008, at 1:41 PM, N Romero wrote:

> I like the ASL - only version -- much simpler, & easier on the eyes
> too.
>
> Could you have the signs move slowly upward, as the words do? As
> opposed to appearing "staccato".
>
> That would give it a smoother read, especially for this slower-paced
> music.
>
> Just a thought.
>
> Nancy R.
>

> On Apr 30, 2008, at 1:11 PM, Valerie Sutton wrote:
>
>> SignWriting List
>> April 30, 2008
>>
>> Hello SignWriting List, Ron, and everyone at the Deaf Church in
>> Michigan!
>>
>> Congratulations on these two versions of the same song, with ASL
>> captions (or subtitles)....
>>
>> Pastor Ron asked me which version I prefer? One has the English as
>> well as the ASL on the screen at the same time, and one is just the
>> ASL on the screen, while the English song is playing in the
>> background...
>>
>> I like both versions of course, because they provide different
>> experiences...
>>
>> I think the one without the English captions gives the SignWriting
>> real focus...very nicely done! Congratulations on these videos...
>>
>> What do you all think?
>>
>> Version 1
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU2PMj-oNlw
>>
>> Version 2
>>  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h-uTvmAxkU
>>

>> Val ;-)

Sutton at SignWriting.org

1. SignWriting
Read & Write Sign Languages
http://www.SignWriting.org

2. SignPuddle
Create SignWriting Documents Online
http://www.SignBank.org/signpuddle

3. SignBank
SignWriting Desktop Databases
http://www.SignBank.org

4. SignWriting List
Technical Support: Ask questions to the List

5. SignWriting Literature Project
Writing Literature in Sign Languages
http://www.SignWriting.org/literature

Deaf Action Committee For SignWriting