Please attach a screen capture of the sign for BREATH

Tue Aug 26 15:31:09 UTC 2008

SignWriting List
August 26, 2008

On Aug 26, 2008, at 8:20 AM, Hasna Hocini wrote:
> Thank you very much for your answers and your availability to help!
> At this step of the project, it is very important for us to
> understand very well SignWriting. That's why I asked about more
> documentation. I already read all the list mentioned in the last e-
> mail. That was very clear and I learned many thing, thank you again
> for your beautiful job! But in many cases it was impossible for me
> to read the sign. For example, I noticed that sometimes, the Sign
> doesn't contain all the details to sign it. It requires perhaps the
> ASL knowledge? For the sign breath for example,  we have the
> configuration of the two hands and two stars (two contacts). How can
> we know where are the contacts made?

Hello Hasna!
Thank you for this message.

There are several ways to sign and write the sign for BREATH in
American Sign Language, depending on the sentence and the emphasis, so
please do the following....

1. find the exact sign in the document you have a question about
2. take a screen capture of that exact sign or the whole sentence the
sign is located in...
3. the screen capture will be a graphic such as .png or .gif or .jpg
4. write to the SW List and attach the graphic to the message....ask
your questions related to the attached graphic

Then, when I see the sign, I can answer your question specifically...

I look forward to reading your next message on the List with a picture
of the sign in question -

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

List Archives and Help