dynamics symbol

Tue Aug 26 17:30:11 UTC 2008

SignWriting List
August 26, 2008

On Aug 26, 2008, at 10:11 AM, Honza wrote:
> I wonder if there is a difference between dynamic symbol < and >

Hello Honza!
Thank you for this question...

The Fast Dynamic symbol can point either direction, and it means the
same thing: Fast Movement.

Sometimes we point them different directions because in some cases, it
looks better to have the Fast Movement symbol point into the "center
of the body"...so if you have two Fast Movement symbols...one for the
left movement and one for the right movement, we write the  Fast
symbols pointing into the center of the sign, so the right one would
be pointing left, and the left one would be pointing right ;-))

But there is no difference in meaning...still means Fast...