Lessons in SignWriting in LIBRAS-Portuguese

Thu Aug 21 14:47:17 UTC 2008

SignWriting List
August 21, 2008

On Aug 21, 2008, at 7:02 AM, Charles Butler wrote:
> I believe that Marianne Stumpf translated most of these terms when
> she translated "SignWriting for Everyday Use" into Portuguese.  She
> at least translated the handshapes used in LIBRAS.
> Charles Butler

Hello Charles!

Yes. That is true. Marianne Stumpf translated the entire "Lessons in
SignWriting" textbook into Portuguese and LIBRAS, and also expanded
the book to include more. You can download Marianne's book on the web:

Lessons in SignWriting Textbook from Brazil
Translated and Expanded by Marianne Stumpf
http://www.signwriting.org/lessons/lessonsw/Portuguese.html

Thank you, Marianne, for this gift!