Appreciating the cochlear implant

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at GMAIL.COM
Sat Dec 6 14:04:43 UTC 2008

Hoi,
In several discussions about sign languages and SignWriting, the subject of
the cochlear implant was mentioned. I have been doing some reading on the
subject. I find it hard to learn what a cochlear implant does for someone
who gets an operation and has one implanted. I learned that the operation is
not without risks and the soundfiles that I listened to on the Internet do
not give 22 channel quality.

The Wikipedia article is deemed to be not good enough. So I am really
looking for an improved article and also in a better appreciation of such
devices.
Thanks,
     Gerard

http://ultimategerardm.blogspot.com/2008/12/cochlear-implant.html