AW: [sw-l] Handwriting

Stefan Wöhrmann stefanwoehrmann at GOOGLEMAIL.COM
Tue Dec 9 21:59:54 UTC 2008

Hi Kim

another strategy to show the ease with wich SW can be of great advantage and
especially in order to give an example how easy newcomers can identify quite
a lot of different signs and how easy they can speed up their reading is to
write words, sentences and in the end a whole story ( 1 page) with signs
that represent only one letter. My experience with this task is always
fantastic. The newcomers love it because they accomplish quite a lot in a
very, very short time of instruction. Just explain the meaning of all the
flashcards (A - Z) without discussing the whys about the spelling. Just let
them remember the terms ( apple, bus, cat ...)

Can you read this ( smile) - it should be no problem --but perhaps a quite
new method to write this word

So – yes start with SW from the very beginning.

Stefan ;-)