training of typing interpreters

Mª Cristina P. Pereira macripiper at YAHOO.COM.BR
Sat Feb 9 23:53:50 UTC 2008

Dear Ingvild:
In my so far-far-far Brazil we are just begining to spread SLI training over
the country, so it's soon to know exactly what direction we'll take in the
years to come. But I'd like to know what do you mean by 'type'. Is it a kind of
real time closed captioning to deaf/HH? How does it work? We don't have this
accessibility service offered here.
Well, if it's that, for sure that it does not configure a
"translation/interpreting" task, but only a sort of 'transcription' activity
that could be performed by any good typist.

Mª Cristina P. Pereira (Porto Alegre - RS - Brasil), http://br.geocities.com/macripiper

http://br.mail.yahoo.com/

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

List Archives and Help