training of typing interpreters

Bill Reese wreese01 at TAMPABAY.RR.COM
Sun Feb 10 04:48:49 UTC 2008

Cherie's right, Ingvild (not that she'd be wrong).  :-)

A realtime captionist has volunteered her time every month for my
group's meetings.  Also, for weekly business meetings.  And there are
others who fill in for monthly doctor appointments (not for me, but that
besides the point).  We tend to believe realtime captioning is more for
those who are late-deafened - who have gone deaf after they've learned
the primary spoken language - rather than for the cultural deaf, who
prefer ASL interpreting.

Bill