transcription help

Sun Feb 24 17:48:06 UTC 2008

SignWriting List
February 24, 2008

Dear SW List Members -
Just want you to know that Peter called me and I taught him how to use
SignPuddle over the phone.

The video in ASL that he needs to transcribe is a conversation between
two people in ASL, from the side view...the two people have a long two-
minute conversation, facing each other...not easy to transcribe
because you can barely see the facial expressions...

However, since Peter knows the video well, and is one of the signers
himself in the video, his transcription will be based on his knowledge
of the conversation as well as viewing the video...

I taught Peter how to start a document both ways:

1. Using the Translate Feature in the ASL Dictionary and loading the
signs into SignText for editing

2. Starting a document from scratch, by clicking on the SignText
button in the ASL Literature Puddle...

Peter will be saving his documents in the ASL Literature Puddle. Then
I will show him how to use the ColumnMaker feature to bring his
document into Microsoft Word...

So if anyone else needs help, I am here to help...Write to me
privately for a time when we can meet over the voice phone, or
Skype...my videophone needs to get setup again, so I need time to get
it working again! But we can have videophone conversations too...

It is amazing how a little personal attention with a teacher makes all
the difference...

Sutton at SignWriting.org

1. SignWriting
Read & Write Sign Languages
http://www.SignWriting.org

2. SignPuddle
Create SignWriting Documents Online
http://www.SignBank.org/signpuddle

3. SignBank
SignWriting Desktop Databases
http://www.SignBank.org

4. SignWriting List
Technical Support: Ask questions to the List

5. SignWriting Literature Project
Writing Literature in Sign Languages
http://www.SignWriting.org/literature

Deaf Action Committee For SignWriting