The Cat in the Hat Video Captioning Question

Adam Frost adam at FROSTVILLAGE.COM
Sat Jan 19 03:58:05 UTC 2008

Hello SW List, :-)

I have been working hard on editing Cherie's wonderful rendering of
"The Cat in the Hat" in ASL. Val, Cherie, and I were talking about it
and want your opinions. :-) Should the video of Cherie signing the
story be caption in English and/or ASL when posted on the web? If so,
should it be an option to be able to turn on and off? If both English
and ASL captioning, should they be together or separated? Also, if you
feel there should be ASL caption, should it be expressive to teach how
to read SignWriting, or should it be done receptively to match how you
see Cherie in the video? Basically what do you think I should do as
far as caption for the video.

Thanks in advance,
Adam

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu