Over The Rainbow in ASL; creating SW documents

Kimberley Shaw skifoot at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jul 28 18:36:48 UTC 2008

Hello SignWriters:
I am back from my stage-signing (in ASL) debut at the 2008 GALA
festival in Miami, and would love to start putting up transcriptions
of our songs on the web! And I heartily agree with Charles -- if there
were a way to SignWrite with the keyboard, I would be very glad to
start using it. It is still far easier for me to grab pencil and pen,
than to be mouseclick-by-mouseclick building each sign online!
And so, I now have a PDF of a pencilled transcript of the song, "Over
the Rainbow", which I would like to show to the rest of you before I
create a nice, neat, WWW-ready copy. Will it reach all of you listserv
folks OK as an attachment?
Let me know how it reads, and if there are major changes that need to
be made, signs that don't make sense, etc.
I very much enjoyed performing this version onstage; it was created by
Ayisha Knight-Shaw, Deaf poet / artist / storyteller / photographer.
Best,
Kim from Boston