Over The Rainbow in ASL; creating SW documents

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Mon Jul 28 18:56:09 UTC 2008

SignWriting List
July 28, 2008

Hello Kim, Charles and everyone -

Great to hear from you, Kim...sounds like you are having a wonderful
time! And I enjoyed looking at your handwritten pdf document...thanks
for sending it to us...

As you know, I was the one who designed the keyboards in SignWriter
DOS, and of course, the keyboard techniques mean a lot to me. However,
I also enjoy the quick way that I can create full and beautiful
documents in SignPuddle 1.5 (thank you, Steve), and I truly believe
that using SignText, to create large documents, is very successful as
well...

Both dragging-dropping and typing...are two techniques that are
wonderful - and all of these techniques are useful for a certain
percentage of the population...Not everyone prefers the
keyboarding...and not everyone prefers the dragging and dropping...it
depends on the person and their equipment...and what they have
experience with...

So let me ask you, Kim...Have you ever tried to create a document in
SignText in SignPuddle 1.5? You may find it fun and useful...I do
anyway....so I like BOTH methods, and enjoy creating documents with
either method...Try writing your handwritten pdf in the ASL Literature
puddle...Go to:

ASL Literature Puddle
http://www.signbank.org/SignPuddle1.5/index.php?ui=1&sgn=5

and click on the SignText button to start a brand new document...

Charles recently started writing a series of History articles in the
ASL Encyclopedia in SignPuddle, using SignText. Have you seen it? Very
good job, Charles...I hope we can read more about the history of
deafness later in the encyclopedia...

Go to:

ASL Encyclopedia in SignPuddle
http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle1.5/index.php?ui=1&sgn=21