New list member, SignPuddle entries

Natasha Escalada-Westland shash90 at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Jul 29 15:45:49 UTC 2008

Hello list members,

I wanted to say hello as I recently signed up.  I've been teaching ASL for foreign language credit at the high school level in Tucson, AZ for 10 years, and have been learning and using SignWriting in the classroom for a year. I am also a certified teacher of the deaf, and until this year had been working with deaf/hoh students at the high school level as well.  I never had a chance to use SW with the deaf students, but I still have a great interest in doing this for literacy development.

I've made some additions to the U.S. ASL SignPuddle dictionary so that I could use them as part of lessons in the classroom.  I was wondering if there is an established system of feedback or discussion on the validity/correctness of various entries?  I'd love to get some feedback and discuss other entries as well.

Thanks!

Natasha Escalada-Westland, M.Ed. (D/HH), Macromedia Cert.

Westland Progeny,
www.westlandprogeny.com
www.westlandasl.com