posting my mail

Mon Jun 2 21:15:52 UTC 2008

SignWriting List
June 2, 2008

Hello Dali!
Welcome to the SignWriting List. Your message below is so joyous and
inspiring. THANK YOU for posting it and telling us about your work
with SignWriting in Tunisia!

And I am so thankful to know that you and and your friends find
SignWriting useful ...and writing Martial Arts too...wow....

I have a friend who is writing the Bible in American Sign Language,
who is also skilled at writing DanceWriting and SportsWriting...and
has written some documents in Tae Kwon Do I believe...Nancy is away on
vacation right now, but when she comes back I will ask her if she has
some documents in Tae Kwon Do...that will be fun to share!

So Dali...you speak so many languages...It is very very impressive.
And now you sign in Tunisian Sign Language too...Sign Languages are
beautiful languages, aren't they?!

I assume you have already visited SignPuddle Online?

SignPuddle Online
http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle/

If you look at all the flags on SignPuddle, there are 60 of them, but
none for Tunisia. You are the first person from Tunisia who has
contacted us!

So I am very happy to create a Tunisian Sign Language SignPuddle for
you...I will do that today...

I looked on a map and found that Tunisia is close to Malta...We do
have a Maltese SignPuddle and also SignPuddles from the Middle East,
using Arabic...

Dr. Mohammed Abushaira is writing portions of the Koran in Saudi
Arabian Sign Language. When you visit the Saudi Arabian Sign Language
Literature Puddle you will see written Arabic there...it is so
beautiful!!

Saudi Arabian Sign Language Literature Puddle
http://www.signbank.org/SignPuddle1.5/index.php?ui=1&sgn=91

What is the official spoken language of Tunisia? Tunisia has had such
an active history with so many different cultures...Are French,
Turkish, and Arabic spoken languages all used in Tunisia? You will be
able to write them all, in SignPuddle, combined with your written
signs...

I will write again to tell you, when I have created your new empty
Tunisian SignPuddle dictionary online...then you can start creating
dictionaries and documents in your sign language...

Thanks once again for writing!

Val ;-)

----------

On Jun 2, 2008, at 1:34 PM, Dali balti wrote:

> I am very thankful for your help!
> I truly apreciate the work you do for the deaf in all over the
> world, I just stood amazed at the discovery you made within this
> language writing.
> I want to introduce myself:
> I am Mohamed Ali Balti, But in Tunisia because my surname is long so
> people who do have the same surname like me, are called Dali.
> I am 28 years old, I love languages, I speak Arabic, French,
> English, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese, Russian, Hebrew and
> Chinese. I am Chinese teacher too, I have been in China for many
> years.
> I am also Christian, I converted ti Christianity 9 years ago and I
> am thankful to the Lord.
> The Lord just put in my heart a big love for deaf people, I do not
> consider them as miserable or as people lacking the sense of
> hearing, but I consider them as people having a rich culture, an
> exotic language and worthy to be friends.
> I just do not know how to describe that feeling. I am all the time
> with them, signing every where and at any time. I tried to introduce
> this signwriting for them and they were very happy, they love to
> read things, and NOW THEY CAN READ THEM IN THEIR OWN LANGUAGE! Thank
> God, and thank Valerie Sutton, for her help for the entire human race.
> This signwriting is not only helpful for deaf people, but it is also
> helpful for the martial art, since I practice Tae Kwon Do, I started
> to signwriting some TKD movements, and it is much easier than
> describing it with words.
> I will give my all for this signwriting language, I will try my
> best!!!!!!!
> I am also planning to translate some useful verses from the Bible
> into Tunisian signwriting, also many other useful documents, but for
> the moment I am also learning the Tunisian Sign Language in the same
> time, So as long as I am learning the signs, I signwrite them too,
> to memorize them and to type documents for my friends.

Sutton at SignWriting.org

1. SignWriting
Read & Write Sign Languages
http://www.SignWriting.org

2. SignPuddle
Create SignWriting Documents Online
http://www.SignBank.org/signpuddle

3. SignBank
SignWriting Desktop Databases
http://www.SignBank.org

4. SignWriting List
Technical Support: Ask questions to the List

5. SignWriting Literature Project
Writing Literature in Sign Languages
http://www.SignWriting.org/literature

Deaf Action Committee For SignWriting