TUNISIA Questions About Handshapes

Sun Jun 8 18:33:12 UTC 2008

SignWriting List
June 8, 2008

Hello Dali, Stefan and Everyone -
Thank you for your first question below. I know Stefan has already
answered you well ;-)) Thank you, Stefan!

There are several ways to write the 10 handshape. The diagram you show
below is correct. There is also another way, that is available in
SignPuddle. In SignPuddle, we only have the one with the dot in the
center, showing the thumb protruding forward to the reader, but the
other way can be written in SignPuddle too, by constructing it with a
fist, and adding an extra line for the thumb, so both ways can be
written in SignPuddle. When writing by hand, you can write either way
and people will understand the symbol: