SignSpelling for Dhouha

Thu Mar 20 20:01:29 UTC 2008

SignWriting List
March 20, 2008

---------------

On Mar 20, 2008, at 12:12 PM, Charles Butler wrote:

> Sign symbol of contact is first, symbol of movement second.
> Charles

----------

Hello Dhouha!
Charles is correct. The symbols are placed in the sequence of the
movement...

If the sign begins with contact, and then moves, then the sequence is
"contact-movement".

If the sign has two contacts...one that starts the sign and one that
finishes in a second position, then the Sequence will then be "contact-
movement-contact"....it all depends on what happens first, second or
third...the SignSpelling is what happens in sequence while you are
moving...

Here are some examples...see attached diagram...