Peter DeHaas - ASL Transcription for Linguistics Course

Thu Mar 20 21:40:09 UTC 2008

SignWriting List
March 20, 2008

On Mar 20, 2008, at 1:49 PM, petercdehaas wrote:
> Valerie, Thanks again for all your help!  I got a 105 (A++) out of a
> possible 100 points for my ASL transcription for semantics and
> pragmatics! WOW! Let me know if I need to do anything else to share
> it with the sign-writing community. Best, Peter DeHaas

Hello Peter!

Congratulations!...You got a better grade than the scoring allowed?!
Ha...imagine that...at A++

Well that makes me feel good too...I am happy that SignWriting and our
wonderful software, SignPuddle, could give you such a great grade,
coupled with your hard work of course, and the good advice from your
friends and professors...

Was this at the University of Colorado? Tell us again what course this
was for? and where?

Yes I would like your help...Do we have permission to see your final
document in Microsoft Word, now that it received an A++? ;-)

With your permission, we could make a PDF from your Microsoft Word
document, and place the PDF in our SignWriting Library Online as a
document that other students can download and learn from...

If that is ok with you, please send it to us and I will make the PDF
and post it...

And if you can write an English paragraph or two, telling us how you
created the document, and how you felt about SignWriting and the
experience of writing your first dialogue...that would be great
too...anything to encourage others to try as well -

So any ideas you have that will encourage others to use SignWriting is
always helpful ;-)

Many thanks, Peter!

Sutton at SignWriting.org

1. SignWriting
Read & Write Sign Languages
http://www.SignWriting.org

2. SignPuddle
Create SignWriting Documents Online
http://www.SignBank.org/signpuddle

3. SignBank
SignWriting Desktop Databases
http://www.SignBank.org

4. SignWriting List
Technical Support: Ask questions to the List

5. SignWriting Literature Project
Writing Literature in Sign Languages
http://www.SignWriting.org/literature

Deaf Action Committee For SignWriting