Need Tortoise and Hare in ASL

Mon Mar 31 17:29:09 UTC 2008

SignWriting List
March 31, 2008

Anyone want to write the Aesop's Fable of the Tortoise and the Hare in
ASL?

If so, that would be wonderful...Please write it in the ASL Literature
Puddle:

ASL Literature Puddle
http://www.signbank.org/SignPuddle1.5/index.php?ui=1&sgn=5

and be sure to state your name or initials in the Source, since there
may be several versions...

Then we will try to publish one of the versions, and of course give
you credit for your writing...

My nephew Andy is learning Photoshop and is creating some
illustrations for it...

This is the version I would like to use:

The Tortoise and The Hare

There once was a speedy hare who bragged about how fast he could run.
Tired of hearing him boast, the Tortoise challenged him to a race. All
the animals in the forest gathered to watch.

Hare ran down the road for a while and then paused to rest. He looked
back at the Tortoise and cried out, "How do you expect to win this
race when you are walking along at your slow, slow pace?"

Hare stretched himself out alongside the road and fell asleep,
thinking, "There is plenty of time to relax."

Tortoise walked and walked. He never stopped until he came to the
finish line.

The animals who were watching cheered so loudly for Tortoise, they
woke up Hare.

Hare stretched and yawned and began to run again, but it was too late.
Tortoise was over the finish line.

After that, Hare always reminded himself, "Don't brag about your
lightning pace, for Slow and Steady won the race!"