SignPuddle questions

MARIA AZZOPARDI maria.azzopardi at UM.EDU.MT
Mon May 12 21:31:07 UTC 2008

Dear all,

We have started inputting data into our Sign Puddle space and after just
one sentence have quite a few questions to ask. Here goes..

1. How do you place two facial expressions on the face? I tried to do so
with 'raised eyebrows' and 'wide open eyes'. I tried to blend them
together in one face-symbol but the resulting signwriting is not so clear.
Valerie had once told me to write multiple facial expressions next to each
other. I assume I should do this in SignPuddle too, right?

2. LSM Fingerspelling is quite similar to ASL fingerspelling. When using
fingerspelling in Sign Puddle, is there a short-cut (maybe a list of saved
ASL fingerspelling handshapes)?

3. There are fingerspelling handshapes in LSM which are slightly different
to ASL ones, can we keep a store of all LSM fingerspelling handshapes in
our Sign Puddle (both the Public and Private one)?

4. In the Private WebPuddle, could we have a dictionary where we could
store all individual signs. Then when using SignText we could simply
export saved signs in the WebPuddle dictionary into the WebPUddle SignText
pieces?

5. Is there a way to 'save-as-you-go' in SignText. I'm inputting text
verse by verse. I save the work when I come to the end of the verse. Is it
possible to save the work half-way through and to keep working?

6. I've managed to send a text email, however I haven't been successful
saving the work as SWML. The page opens SWML/S 1.1, then I'm stuck. What
should I do next? I take it that from here we could automatically save
signs into Signbank?

Thanking you in advance for your support,
:)
Maria

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

List Archives and Help