SignPuddle questions

Mon May 12 23:48:18 UTC 2008

SignWriting List
May 12, 2008

MARIA AZZOPARDI from Malta wrote:
> 2. LSM Fingerspelling is quite similar to ASL fingerspelling. When
> using
> fingerspelling in Sign Puddle, is there a short-cut (maybe a list of
> saved
> ASL fingerspelling handshapes)?

We do not have an automatic way to type fingerspelling in SignPuddle,
so you either have to find the individual symbols you need for each
handshape, or....use the Translate feature in the ASL Dictionary to
find the handshapes for the American Manual Alphabet and transfer
those into your Maltese SignPuddle...

Here is how....Look at the attached diagrams below and follow the
numbers:

1. Go to the American dictionary and click on the Translate Button.

2. In the Translate Box, type the letters of the English alphabet.
Then press the Translate Button.

3. The letters will list in written fingerspelling symbols.

4. Scroll down. Click on the Update Button.

5. Now all the written symbols of the American Manual Alphabet will
list in one SignText document.

6. Scroll down and click on one of the two Maltese icons...to copy the
SignText document into the SignText Editor. When you save the document
in the Editor, it will place the American Manual Alphabet into the
Maltese puddle you choose in number 6...

I am not sure if this is what you need, but it will still give you
some practice on how to use the Translate feature ;-))