SignWriting Linguistics Society Conference - Call for Papers

Mon May 19 15:38:31 UTC 2008

SignWriting List
May 19, 2008

On May 19, 2008, at 8:21 AM, Charles Butler wrote:
> Subjects may include linguistics, literacy, vocabulary acquisition,
> and SignWriting instruction.

Here is where I would want more clarification...

For me anyway, I suggest it should say something like this:

"Topics for papers must be "SignWriting-related", including the use of
SignWriting in linguistics, literacy, vocabulary acquisition, sign
language instruction, deaf education, sign language research and in
the Deaf Community. All signed languages are welcome."

If you do not state somewhere, that the topics need to be "SignWriting-
related" you might find that people may come from other linguistic-
related professions...or even from other writing systems...

Those are my thoughts...how do you all feel about this?

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

List Archives and Help