SignPuddle: More Questions from Malta

MARIA AZZOPARDI maria.azzopardi at UM.EDU.MT
Tue May 20 23:02:40 UTC 2008

Thanks for your answers.
About Stefan it's true I had a look at the dictionary and it is amazing :))

Now about number 2, you answered:

> I can see by number 2 above that you already know how to start a new
> sentence using the Translate feature, so you must be asking how to
> insert a sign into a text that has already been written and saved? Are
> you asking how to change a document you already saved, by re-loading
> it into the SignText Editor, and you then want to insert a sign?
>
> If that is your question, you cannot use the Translate Feature in that
> case...at this time we do not have that kind of feature related to the
> Translate Feature

Would you mind if I give you a concrete example of what I'm asking, just
to make sure I'm clear? Say for example I'm signwriting a simple sentence
'BOY-WOKE UP-MORNING'. After signwriting BOY I'd then like to simply
insert the sign WAKE-UP, that is saved as separate entry in the Puddle.
Can this be done? I think, from what I've understood above, that it can't
be done.

I'm asking to double-check that the answer is no. I'm asking again mainly
because I was thinking about the ASL Bible in Puddle; besides creating the
documents they also saved all signs seperately? I thought that maybe they
could insert signs, that might be repeated in other verses (for example
the sign JESUS), when necessary?

Sorry to bother you again with this question. It's not at all a problem if
this feature is not yet available in SignPuddle. I'll just go on working
and adding more work, I just want to make sure I clearly understand you,
that's all:))

Thanks again,

Maria :)

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu